Weatherhaven semi-private accommodation
Stay in a unique accommodation built for the High Arctic! A cross between a tent and a cabin, the Weatherhaven accommodation at Tanquary Fiord is a rugged insulated tent with a solid floor and interior walls. The tent is divided in half: each side has two bedrooms, as well as a cosy sitting area with a couch, desk and heater. All four bedrooms in the unit are equipped with one double bed; each room can accommodate a maximum of 2 people.
Enjoy the ease of relaxing in homey comfort of the Weatherhaven after a long day of exploring the tundra and gazing at glaciers.
For information on how to book, please contact Quttinirpaq National Park.
- One Weatherhaven unit, with four separate double bedrooms, is located at Tanquary Fiord.
- Reservations are required.
- No pets.
- Rooms in the unit are booked for the duration of your visit, not night by night.
- Cost: $350/14 nights, based on double occupancy.
- $420/14 nights, based on single occupancy.
Inside the unit:
- The unit is divided into two halves, each with its own entrance. Each side has two bedrooms, as well as a cosy shared living area with a couch, a desk and a heater.
- Bedrooms have one bed with a double mattress. Sheets, pillows and duvet are included.
- Battery powered lamps and headlamps are provided for the bedrooms.
- Equipped with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguisher.
- There are no washroom or cooking facilities in the unit.
- Outhouses and solar shower.
- Fully equipped visitor kitchen tent, with propane stove/oven, pots/pans, dishes and utensils. Water can be obtained from the creek behind the kitchen (boiling water prior to consumption is advised).
- Visitor centre with power to charge cameras, electronic devices etc.
- Picnic tables.
- Benches with scenic view.
- Small museum showcasing artifacts from research done at Tanquary Fiord in the 1960s.
What to bring (this list is not exhaustive, Park staff can assist you in additional pre-trip planning):
- Slippers or indoor shoes.
- Food, drinks, and snacks for the duration of your trip.
- Appropriate clothing and gear for your planned trip in the High Arctic.
- Food and garbage must be properly stored inside at all times.
- Cooking is not permitted in the unit
- Smoking is not permitted within the unit.
- Visitors must be shown how to safely operate diesel heater before use.
- Damage deposit will be charged if unit is damaged - cost will be dependent on state of the unit.